Dr Seuss Quotes for Kids (Proud Parents)
1. “Kid, you’ll move mountains!”
2. “Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So… get on your way!”
3. “Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away!”
4. “With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)”
6. “Wherever you fly, you’ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.”
7. “If you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you will learn. Oh, the most wonderful stuff.”
Graduation Congratulation Quotes For Friends
8. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
9. “And when you’re in a Slump you’re not in for much fun. Un-slumping yourself is not easily done.”
10. “You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. “You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.”
11. “But on you will go though the weather be foul. On you will go though your enemies prowl. On you will go though the Hakken-Kraks howl. Onward up many a frightening creek, though your arms may get sore and your sneakers may leak.”
13. “Children want the same things we want. To laugh, to be challenged, to be entertained, and delighted.”
14. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
15. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”
16. “I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.”
17. “When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let is destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.”
Graduation Quotes for Myself
18. “You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.”
19. “If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.”
20. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” Dr. Seuss in “The Lorax.”
21. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
23. “You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.
Some windows are lighted. but mostly they’re darked.
But mostly they’re darked.
A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!
Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?
How much can you lose? How much can you win?”
24. I am lucky to be what I am! Thank goodness I’m not just a clam or ham or a dirty jar of sour gooseberry jam!
Funny Quotes For Graduation
25. “Everything stinks till it’s finished.”
26. “Just tell yourself, Duckie, you’re really quite lucky!”
27. “Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.”
28. “Just go. Go. Go! I don’t care how. You can go by foot. You can go by cow.”
30. “If you’d never been born, then you might be an Isn’t! An Isn’t has no fun at all. No, he disn’t.”
31. “I’m sorry to say so but, sadly, it’s true that Bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you.”
32. “I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.” – Dr. Seuss in “The Cat in the Hat.”
33. “From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.”
34. A book is just like life and anything can change!
Inspirational Messages for Graduation
35. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
36. “OH! THE PLACES YOU’LL GO! You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.”
37. “You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.”
38. “To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”
39. “Life’s too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”
41. “On and on you will hike, And I know you’ll hike far and face up to your problems whatever they are.”
42. “Whether you color the world or light it up blue, you are making a difference. So keep being you.”
43. “Oh the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.”
44. “Things may happen and often do to people as brainy and footsy as you”
45. “Except when you don’t. Because, sometimes, you won’t.”
46. “Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind!”
47. “It’s a troublesome world. All the people who are in it are troubled with troubles almost every minute. You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not.”
48. “Humor has a tremendous place in this sordid world. It’s more than just a matter of laughing. If you can see things out of whack, then you can see how things can be in whack.”
See also: Read more about Dr. Seuss at Seussville
Short Dr Seuss Quotes for Instagram Captions
49. “Take every chance, drop every fear.”
50. It is better to know how to learn than to know.
51. Adults are just outdated children.
52. You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.
53. You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?
55. “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.”
56. “Think and wonder, wonder and think.”
Related: Expore the Art of Dr. Seuss
15 Fun Facts About Dr. Seuss
#1. Dr. Seuss was not actually a Doctor of anything. He added ‘Dr.’ to his pen-name because his father had always wanted him to study medicine.
#2. His full name was Theodor Seuss Geisel. His penname was Dr. Seuss but his friends called him Ted.
#3. Dr. Seuss never had any biological children, although his illustrations were for children. He did have two step-children from his second wife.
#4. He often came up with story ideas by doodling.
#5. He invented the word “nerd” (https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/105094/) in 1960 in his book “If I ran the zoo”. Here is a synopsis:
“[…] a boy named Gerald McGrew made a large number of delightfully extravagant claims as to what he would do, if he were in charge at the zoo. Among these was that he would bring a creature known as a Nerd from the land of Ka-Troo.”
#6. His best-selling book “Green Eggs and Ham” only has 50 words as a result of a bet between Seuss and his publisher who said that Seuss (after completing The Cat in the Hat using 236 words) could not complete an entire book without exceeding that limit.
#7. One of his hobbies was to collect wacky hats. When he had writer’s block, he’d put on a hat to help the words flow.
#8. ‘Dr. Seuss’ is one of the most mispronounced of all writers’ names. It actually rhymes with ‘voice’, so ‘Zoyce’ rather than ‘Zeus’.
#9. Oh, the Places You’ll Go sells about 200,000 copies each year. It’s sales come from its popularity as a high school and/or college graduation gift.
#10. He spent over a year to write Cat in the Hat which has only 236 different words!
#11. The first recorded use of the word ‘nerd’ was in his book, If I Ran a Zoo, in 1950.
#12. Dr. Seuss won several major awards, including two Academy Awards, two Emmy Awards, the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award and a Peabody Award.
#13. To check if his publisher was paying attention, Dr. Seuss included the word ‘contraceptive’ in a draft of his one of his books.
#14. His books were not a success from the beginning. His first book was rejected by 27 publishers.
#15. He wrote more than 60 books in his career as an author and sold over 600 million copies. Green Eggs and Ham was his best seller.
Best Books by Dr. Seuss
Oh, the Places You’ll Go – (A popular gift for graduates).
The Cat in the Hat.
Green Eggs and Ham.
One fish two fish red fish blue fish.
Hop on Pop.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
Fox in Socks.
Horton Hears a Who!
Sneetches and Other Stories.
And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street.
Horton Hatches the Egg.
If I Ran the Zoo.
The Foot Book.
If I Ran the Circus.